[Live-devel] Multicast Interface

Anthony Clark clark.anthony.g at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:00:48 PDT 2014

Hey all,

First off, I'm using the newest live555 and focusing only on linux. So, I'm
interested in forcing Groupsock to send multicast from a specific interface
via `struct ip_mreqn`. It's fairly simple to do this when you know the
interface name and interface IP ahead of time. See `man 7 ip` . I need this
since I don't want to rely on the kernel to figure out how to route
multicast and I will not have access to other means of routing tables. I
can patch `Groupsock` constructors to take some extra arguments, but I
quickly realized that this in-turn effects almost everything else. Any
other better means of providing this advice would probably be better. I'd
love to hear how others would solve this. Thanks!

-Anthony