[Live-devel] RTSP URL format for a Swann 806 network camera?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 30 17:23:13 PDT 2014

I’m trying to connect (using LIVE555 RTSP client software, of course) to a “Swann SWNHD-806CAM” 720p network camera, but I’m having trouble figuring out the stream name to use.  I’ve tried
	rtsp://admin:12345@IP-address/ <rtsp://admin:12345@IP-address/>
plus
	rtsp://admin:12345@IP-address/ <rtsp://admin:12345@IP-address/><stream-name>
for various values of <stream-name>, including (various suggestions that I’ve seen on the Internet):
	h264
	Streaming/Channels/1
	Channel
	720p
but in each case I get a "RTSP/1.0 404 Stream Not Found” response to the “DESCRIBE” command.

Does anyone know the RTSP URL format that will work with this particular network camera?