[Live-devel] Problem when multi client connect to server using OndemandServerMediaSubsession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Sep 3 04:25:27 PDT 2014

>  I also write a class called Mpeg4LiveServerMediaSubsession which subbed class from OnDemandServerMediaSubsession

When your class "Mpeg4LiveServerMediaSubsession"s constructor calls the "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession" constructor, is the "reuseFirstSource" parameter "True"?  (This ensures that only one input source object is created at a time, regardless of how many RTSP clients connect to your server.

> I use VLC as client to connect to my server and play video stream. Everything seems ok and my application works quite fine when there are less than 4 clients connect to server. When the 4th client connect to server, the video of all clients is getting slower, image is very bad, I cannot see video content clearly …

Are these 4 clients (running VLC) on 4 *separate* computers?  The reason I ask this is that - a few months ago - someone else reported similar symptoms to what you're reporting.  In that case, though, the problem was that they were running more than one copy of VLC on the same client computer, and it turned out that the problem was the client computer's CPU overhead (from running more than one copy of VLC), not the server computer (running your LIVE555-based code).

Assuming that the 4 clients (running VLC) are on 4 separate computers, then does anything change when you run "openRTSP" rather than VLC as your client (again, all on separate client computers)?

Also, are the clients requesting RTP-over-UDP streaming from your server, or RTP-over-TCP streaming?  If any of them are requesting RTP-over-TCP streaming, then does anything change if they request RTP-over-UDP streaming instead?