[Live-devel] Please help: I have difficulties implementing the right classes

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 4 09:21:20 PDT 2014

> I am trying to build an RTSP server using liveMedia to stream H.264 in real time from a live encoder. In essence, as soon as I try to connect with VLC, liveMedia abort()s with the following message:
> FramedSource[0xbe838]::getNextFrame(): attempting to read more than once at the same time!

This error means that a "FramedSource" object (presumably of your subclass that you wrote to deliver live H.264 data from your encoder) is getting a call to "getNextFrame()" while it is already handling a previous call to "getNextFrame()".

I.e., it seems that your "FramedSource" subclass's implementation of "doGetNextFrame()" is incorrect; it apparently is not calling
	FramedSource::afterGetting(this);
after it completes delivery to the downstream (i.e., calling) object.

(Also, you should use "testRTSPClient" and/or "openRTSP" as RTSP clients for testing, before using VLC.  VLC is more complex, and is not our software.)