[Live-devel] Please help: I have difficulties implementing the right classes

Fabrice Triboix fabricet at ovation.co.uk
Fri Sep 5 01:14:03 PDT 2014

You're thinking about this the wrong way.  "doGetNextFrame()" gets called automatically (by the downstream, 'transmitting' object) whenever it needs a new NAL unit to transmit.  So you should just deliver the next NAL unit (just one!) whenever "doGetNextFrame()" is called.  If your encoder can generate more than one NAL unit at a time, then you'll need to enqueue them in some way.
[Fabrice] I would be interested in understanding a bit more here. Is live555 is a pull model? How does the transmitting object knows when to send the next frame? Who/what decides to call doGetNextFrame() and when?
I think I understood all the other bits you mentioned, so I'll make the necessary changes.