[Live-devel] Subclassing RTSPServer events

Alan Martinovic Alan.Martinovic at zenitel.com
Wed Sep 10 01:12:53 PDT 2014

I have a streaming source that already provides me with a h264 RTP stream and would like to use live555 just as a RTSP server.
I require neither RTP packetization nor RTCP generation.
The ideal use case would be to be able to run custom scripts on events that represent RTSP commands, and be able to send a modified SDP.

Would the recommended approach be to subclass the RTSPServer, completely ignore the ServerMediaSession (and the source-sink mechanism) and  reimplement the handleCmd* commands?

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.