[Live-devel] live555MediaServer refresh

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 11 07:32:51 PDT 2014

> I believe this change causes the media clients to only be able to
> receive the first track of a multi-track file, such as an mkv with
> video and audio. The answer to SETUP of the second track and others is
> a "400 Bad Request".

Yes, you're right.  This slipped by me; thanks for pointing it out.

I've now installed a new version (2014.09.11) of the code that fixes this.  (I've also updated the pre-built "LIVE555 Media Server" binary applications.)

The bug affected only the "LIVE555 Media Server" application.  However, to fix it, I made a change to the signature of the virtual function "RTSPServer::lookupServerMediaSession()"; this function now takes an extra (in) parameter "Boolean isFirstLookupInSession".

Therefore, if you have subclassed "RTSPServer" and redefined the function "lookupServerMediaSession()", you must update your redefinition to match this new signature.