[Live-devel] Add audio "Mediasession" SDP in to current video Server

Xingjun Chen xjchen at email.arizona.edu
Fri Apr 10 12:47:48 PDT 2015

Hi Ross,

It is aac audio(format ADTS), we encode it using Gstreamer, the SDP
description is basically as below,

------------
v=0
o=-653 IN IN4 10.0.4.1
s=audio streaming
t=0 0
m=audio 10004 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 244.1.1.1
a=rtpmap:96 mpeg4-generic/48000/2
a=fmtp:96
streamtype=5;profile-level-id=15;mode=AAC-hbr;config=1190;sizeLength=13;indexLength=3;indexDeltaLength=3;constantDuration=1024
a=control:trackID=2
-------------
we tested this SDP with VLC, it works ok, so what kind od
ServerMediaSubsession objects I should use? Thank you

Kevin

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:

> Combining audio and video into a single RTSP session is trivia: Just add
> both “ServerMediaSubsession” objects to a single “ServerMediaSession”.
>
> But first, you need to demonstrate that you can stream just the audio by
> itself (as you’ve already demonstrated streaming the video by itself).
>
> The first question is: What kind of audio is this?  I.e., what codec does
> it use?
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/