[Live-devel] Replace old Makefile rules

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 23 12:45:03 PDT 2015

Sorry, but no.  The existing Makefiles appear to work OK for all current versions of both “make” and “gmake”.

However, with your patch applied, while “gmake” works OK, “make” (at least on FreeBSD 10.1) does not:
	%make
	make: “liveMedia/Makefile" line 40: warning: duplicate script for target "%.o" ignored
	make: "liveMedia/Makefile" line 38: warning: using previous script for "%.o" defined here
	c++ -O2 -pipe  -c Media.cpp
	Media.cpp:21:10: fatal error: 'Media.hh' file not found
	#include "Media.hh"
	         ^
	1 error generated.
	*** Error code 1

	Stop.
	make: stopped in liveMedia

Because of this, and because I have heard no other report of the Makefiles not working with any recent version of “make” (or “gmake”), I won’t be applying this patch.