[Live-devel] mpeg-ts over UDP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 23 16:30:59 PDT 2015

> I would please  like to ask one more thing regarding your mention that it is possible to configure of the identity of the received (or sending) application without using RTSP (for this matter it can be RTP for example, not UDP).
> Can you please give a hint as to how to configure the IP/port of the sending application (and the receiving application for the opposite direction).

You do this by creating “Groupsock” objects (specifying the IP address (e.g.,  multicast) and port number), and then passing this object to a “BasicUDPSink” (in the sending application) or to a “BasicUDPSource” (in the receiving application).

There are several examples of this in the code for the “test*Streamer” and “test*Receiver” applications (in the “testProgs” directory).