[Live-devel] Failed to get a SDP description for the URL

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 23 16:35:59 PDT 2015

> And when you say that it's working for you does that mean you are able to see the one minutes files, as avi files, of what's going on in our facility?

Yes.  I see a basketball court, with chairs lined up across it.  With music in the background.
> And are there any spaces at all in that command?

Yes!  As I said before, you should type this command, *exactly as shown*:
	openRTSP -t -i -P 60 'rtsp://24.196.72.222:1080/user=guest&password=guest&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?' <rtsp://24.196.72.222:1080/user=guest&password=guest&channel=1&stream=0.sdp?'>

If you have the technical sophistication to compile/link the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” software (which includes “openRTSP”) from source code, then you should also have the technical sophistication to run “openRTSP” as a command (from a command shell).  (This, BTW, is why we don’t make “openRTSP” available as a pre-built binary application.)