[Live-devel] RTSPServer may stop sending data when tunnelling over TCP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Apr 30 20:56:45 PDT 2015

Oops, I misread part of your earlier message.  Now I think I understand what is going wrong.

Yes, I think you are correct: There is potentially a problem if a “RTSPClientSession” outlives a “RTSPClientConnection”, because the “RTSPClientSession” can hold references to socket numbers that get reused.

As I noted in my earlier response, we usually have to continue to allow a “RTSPClientSession” to outlive a “RTSPClientConnection” - but that doesn’t make sense if the session is using RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming.  In that case, when the “RTSPClientConnection” dies, we need to also close any “RTSPClientSession” objects that were using this connection for RTP/RTCP-over-TCP streaming.

Thanks for the note.  I’ll try to come up with a fix shortly.