[Live-devel] RTCP Bye packet length

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 2 23:51:23 PDT 2015

You didn’t say specifically how your question refers to our software.  (Remember that this mailing list is specifically for discussing the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” software.)

If you are referring to RTCP packets that are sent by our software, then I believe you are mistaken.  Our software sends RTCP packets (including those that contain “BYE”) correctly.  Note that when a “BYE” is sent, it is sent at the end of a compound RTCP packet; i.e., the RTCP packet contains a “SR” followed by a “BYE” (if sent by a server), or a “RR” followed by a “BYE” (if sent by a client).  Note RFC 3550, section 6.1.  We never send a RTCP packet that contains *only* a “BYE”.