[Live-devel] Thanks for trying our WebRTC demo

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 27 21:45:09 PDT 2015

Thank you to those of you who have been trying out our WebRTC demo:
	http://webrtc.live555.com/ <http://webrtc.live555.com/>

I have recently updated the web page and server to do better status reporting, so you can more easily see how well the video reception is working (or not working).  If you tried it once before, and it didn’t work, then you may wish to try it once again.

I have found, unfortunately, that about half of the client sites who have tried it so far have been able to initiate a DTLS handshake - which is necessary for the video streaming to work.  This may be because these sites are behind a firewall that blocks UDP packets.  (In the future, I hope to add support for (optional) streaming over TCP to help sites such as these that are behind a UDP-blocking firewall.)

http://www.live555.com/ <http://www.live555.com/>