[Live-devel] Packet loss status in RTCP RR packets

Hardik Sangani hardik.sangani at vvdntech.com
Fri Dec 4 06:56:46 PST 2015

Hi Ross,

I am using live555 library to stream to proxyserver on rtp over tcp. I want
to add variable bitrate mechanism for my device for that i suppose i need
to verify some parameters on RTCP RR report. I was trying to look at packet
loss status but everytime it was a constant value coming 0x00fffffff.
i guess because of RTP over TCP. but still at one time streaming was
stopping because of it was not able to send any further data  from
* RTPInterface::sendDataOverTCP *and connection was getting closed*.*

Is there anything that will help me to find out that network is not able to
handle my current bitrate so that i can reduce it to some level and try it
again at run time.

One more concern is in* RTPInterface::sendDataOverTCP *if send fails then
we are making that socket blocking and try to send it again. in that
particular case if that is failing then we are removing the socket and
closing the connection. What i have observed from little bit changing in
code is if we retry to send the same packet in blocking mode then it is
able to send again. so if we can make little retry mechanism then we can
avoid closing the connection if its able to resend the data again.

Thanks ,
*With Warm Regards,*
Hardik Sangani
VVDN Technologies Pvt Ltd
*Cell : *+91 9176120633* | Skype : hardikjsangani*