[Live-devel] Stream two subsessions in one ServerMediaSession

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Dec 10 08:15:08 PST 2015

> On Dec 11, 2015, at 12:46 AM, Piotr Piwko <piotr.piwko at embedded-engineering.pl> wrote:

>> LIVE555-based applications use a single-threaded event loop (i.e., using events - rather than threads - for concurrency).
>> See http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#control-flow
>
> So probably, this is the reason.

No.  The ‘reason’ (unless you have an *extremely* underpowered CPU) must be that you have not programmed your ‘input sources’ (i.e., “FramedSource” subclasses) properly.

> I notice that if I stream only audio
> stream, frames come more often (~45HZ) than in case of two streams
> (~5HZ). I need to look once again into buffer getting procedure.

Yes.  In particular, you should make sure that - within the main LIVE555 event-loop thread - you never ‘block’ (including ‘sleeping’ or ‘spin-waiting’) waiting for data frames to arrive.  In particular, your “doGetNextFrame()” functions should - if no data is currently available - return immediately, without ‘waiting’.

(Unfortunately, we’ve probably now reached the limit for how much assistance I can provide you ‘for free’ on this mailing list.  If your company is interested in having me consult further on your project, then please have your management let me know (via separate email).)