[Live-devel] H264 + ulaw streaming with audio vibration

Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com Eric_Hsieh at alphanetworks.com
Wed Dec 16 21:59:08 PST 2015

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your quickly replay.

We have a rtsp server on embedded system, rtsp server will stream out H264+ulaw streaming.
Now, we face a problem. There is a vlc client to connect our rtsp server.
If the audio is
A. under 8K, 16bit, mono ulaw(encode from PCM), we set fDurationInMicroseconds to be 64000. Audio is good.
B. under 16K, 16bit, stereo ulaw(encode from PCM), we set fDurationInMicroseconds to be 16000. Audio is vibration.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38773854/vibrating_voice.mp4

For 16K, 16bit, stereo,
we try to record PCM file and play PCM on vlc, PCM is good.
we try to record PCM, encode ulaw to file and play ulaw file on audacity, ulaw are good.

Under this situation, do you have any suggestion? Thanks for your kindly sharing.

regards, eric, 12/17