[Live-devel] Does live555 support SRTP or RTP SAVP/SAVPF?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Dec 21 00:51:26 PST 2015

Not yet.  However, there is partial support for SRTP in our experimental RTSP->WebRTC proxy (demoed at <http://webrtc.live555.com/>), because WebRTC mandates the use of SRTP for media streaming.  The source code for this is not yet ready for public release, but at least some of it will likely be released over the next year or so.

> If we want live555 to support it, how?

Be patient.

(As always, if anyone can make a business case for expediting the release of some parts of this, then feel free to contact me (by separate email).)