[Live-devel] pause issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 24 00:03:48 PST 2015

>>> (I *do*, however, plan to fix the problem (that you noted) with
>>> old data being sent (after resuming from a “PAUSE”) because of
>>> it having been stored in ‘overflow data’  - once I’ve verified
>>> this.)
>
> The problem is not only with overflow data. It is a problem with any
> framer or filter which stores presentation time and answer multiple
> calls to doGetNextFrame with the same presentation time. Because one
> call to doGetNextFrame may be before a pause, and the next after a
> pause. H264or5Fragmenter does that for instance, independently from
> MultiFramedRTPSInk overflow data.

Any data source object that wishes to implement pausing *might* need to reimplement the “doStopGettingFrames()” virtual function (which gets called - by the server - when it receives the RTSP “PAUSE” command).  It might need to do this in order to ensure that no extra data gets delivered after the pause.

If you haven’t already done so, you should think about whether you need to reimplement “doStopGettingFrames()” in your input source class (i.e., in your subclass of “FramedSource”).

Many of the existing LIVE555 source classes already reimplement "doStopGettingFrames()”.  It’s possible that there are others (that I’ve missed) that also need to reimplement "doStopGettingFrames()”.

But please don’t respond again unless you can identify a specific, verifiable bug (not just
‘speculation’) in the existing (unmodified) code.