[Live-devel] pause issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 24 00:50:42 PST 2015

> Please look at H264or5VideoRTPSink, and see
> what happens when two calls to doGetNextFrame are separated by a
> pause with the second call sending buffered data without calling the
> source getNextFrame.

Yes, there is a problem here.  The solution will probably be to implement “doStopGettingFrames()” on this class so that it discards any remaining buffered data (i.e., tail fragments) so that they don’t get sent later, if/when streaming restarts.

(The drawback of this solution is that the receiving client won't get to reconstruct (and render) the original (large) NAL unit - most likely a ‘key frame'.  It’ll be just as if there was packet loss during normal streaming.)

I’ll make this fix (and also for the ‘overflow data’) at some point in the near future.  (Be warned that it’s not a high priority, though.)