[Live-devel] Trying to convert a .264 file into a .ts file then index it

Benoît Kessabian benoit.kessabian at isty.uvsq.fr
Mon Jul 6 03:35:40 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm currently trying to implement a rtsp streaming server.
In my server, I convert a .264 file into a .ts file and then index the
.ts file

to allow trick play (based on your test programs). But when I
try to watch the stream with vlc, the trick play is not allowed. Is it a
known issue or am I doing something wrong? i also tried to produce a .ts
file with testH264VideoToTransportStream and index it with
MPEG2TransportStreamingIndexer, same results.

Finally, I tried to
produce a .ts file with ffmpeg and then index it. In this case, the
trick play was available.

Could you please enlighten me?

Thank you

Benoit