[Live-devel] client port number at proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 1 22:38:33 PDT 2015

> The problem is, I have cameras in my network which have the same url suffix (camera_stream_equal). How can I distinguish (from a clients point of view) between these cameras? I guess the only way to make a difference is to give both cameras a unique url suffix when registering?

Yes, and that’s precisely the purpose of the optional “proxyURLSuffix” parameter to “RTSPServer::registerStream()”.  (Or the equivalent optional parameter to the “registerRTSPStream” utility.)  It allows you to specify the stream name (to be used in the front-end URL) for each stream that you REGISTER.  If you specify a different “proxyURLSuffix” for each back-end stream that you REGISTER, then their front-end URLs will not collide.

(This has nothing at all to do with port numbers.)