[Live-devel] multi-threaded connect() and EBADF

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 21 15:25:15 PDT 2015

> I can 'remedy' this problem by making RTSPClient::connectToServer() virtual and using makeSocketBlocking() with an arbitrary timeout and then makeSocketNonBlocking() after successful return from RTSPClient::connectToServer().  I understand that this probably violates the license agreement

No, modifying the supplied code does not violate the LGPL license, *provided that* you distribute your modifications along with your product (and, of course, comply with the other terms of the LGPL); see
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license <http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#copyright-and-license>

However…

> I ask: Is there a way that live555 could be modified by making RTSPClient::connectToServer a virtual method?

OK, in the current (just released) version of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code (version 2015.06.21), I have changed this member function to be virtual.

I encourage you, however, to first try to track down the actual cause of this bug, rather than simply trying to ‘work around’ it.  The bug may well end up being something other than a bug in your Windows libraries, and/or may be masking a more serious problem somewhere.