[Live-devel] Can't receive packets from live555 server on ARM board (testH264VideoStreamer binary)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 29 09:02:51 PDT 2015

> Now I tried to run testH264VideoStreamer with a test.264 file and using openRTSP tool to receive the stream.
[…]
> but the created openRTSP output file is empty.
>

> Using testOnDemandRTSPServer, openRTSP does receive packets, so I guess it's not a problem of firewall settings?
>

> What are possible reasons for this behaviour?
> What are the essential differences between testOnDemandRTSPServer and testH264VideoStreamer

“testOnDemandRTSPServer” streams via unicast.  “testH264VideoStreamer” (and all “*Streamer” demo applications) stream via multicast.

It appears that you don’t have IP multicast routing available between your server’s network and your client’s network.

If you plan on streaming only to one receiving client, then you should continue to use unicast streaming.