[Live-devel] pause issue

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 1 00:12:49 PST 2015

>> Please look at H264or5VideoRTPSink, and see
>> what happens when two calls to doGetNextFrame are separated by a
>> pause with the second call sending buffered data without calling the
>> source getNextFrame.

FYI, I have just installed a new version - 2015.03.01 - of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that fixes this issue.  Old stale fragmented data (and old presentation times) should no longer be streamed when resuming after a ‘pause’.

(Note, however, that it turns out that the ‘overflow data’ code in “MultiFramedRTPSink” was not a problem here, because we already explicitly reset (clear) the ‘overflow data’ when handling a ‘pause’; note “MultiFramedRTPSink.cpp”, line 159.)

However, should you run into any more places in the code where old data (and presentation times) might get streamed after resuming from a ‘pause’, please let me know.