[Live-devel] RTP header information

Minor, Matt matt.minor at usa.g4s.com
Fri Mar 6 02:04:08 PST 2015

Thanks for your response. There are a couple of reasons why we would like to do this. Firstly we will be streaming from a lot sources and for every one we will have to provide a large buffer to Live555 to capture the frame even though most frames will be small. We would like to know in advance how big a buffer we need so that we can minimise memory usage. By getting lots of smaller packets and putting them together afterwards we should be able to do this. Also, we would like to find out which frames are key frames so we will try to get that by passing the packets to ffmpeg which should construct the frame and tell us whether its a key frame.