[Live-devel] H264VideoFramer truncating frames

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Fri Mar 20 15:23:33 PDT 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 09:28:52PM +1300, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> > Besides, my encoder has options for VUI but the documentation states that these parameters are ignored.
>
> Well, it sounds like you need to get your encoder fixed.
>
> Remember, your encoder is something that you have paid for.  Whereas this software is something that you have paid nothing for.
>
> Therefore, it should be clear where you should be focusing your efforts to try to get support.

I for one have already streamed H264 from a variety of live sources
using a TI DM8148 with v4l2, openmax and live555. I only set the
timestamp correctly (from the v4l2 timestamp), and never needed to
set a framerate in the SPS/PPS. Still on this platform, I also
parsed the SPS and PPS to add parameters (specifically the "full
range" flag which indicates that the range of the encoded colors is
between 0 and 255). This is not something complicated, and that does
not even need to be fast because you do it only once when starting
streaming.

As for getting TI to fix their encoder, good luck with that, if you
are using the EZSDK, this code is marked "not recommended for new
designs" on TI website, so I doubt very much it can still evolve.

--
					    Gilles.