[Live-devel] DeviceSource Streaming from raw living H264 byte-stream.

Deanna Earley dee.earley at icode.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 00:53:34 PDT 2015

A pipe is just that, there is not normally any framing involved so is just a stream of bytes, with multiple “frames” running on form one another.

You can either add a frame header that tells you the size of the data to read (and any other data like presentation time, etc.), which your source can read, remove and just pass the correct sized data through..

Alternatively, use some other form of IPC or events to say that a full frame has sent, read any available data.

--
Deanna Earley | Lead developer | icatchercctv