[Live-devel] Handling timeout in getNextFrame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 1 09:56:48 PDT 2015

> Have been seeing some errors, where if a timeout occurs in getNextFrame, the next getNextFrame call will result in an abort() call (due to fIsCurrentlyAwaitingData being set).

What object is this?  Is this a subclass of “FramedSource” that you have written yourself - e.g., to deliver data from a device?  What are you trying to do?  And what is causing this ‘timeout’?

Please, everybody - this is the second time today that we’ve seen a vague question with very few details about exactly how the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code is being used.  Please remember that this code is used by thousands of developers around the world, for a variety of different purposes - for developing media player clients, media servers (including network cameras), proxy servers, and probably many other ways as well.

If you ask a question about the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code, please try to be specific about exactly what you’re trying to use it for, and where you might be having a problem.