[Live-devel] Multiple NALUs concatenated together in one afterGettingFrame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 1 10:17:12 PDT 2015

> Our software uses liveMedia as an RTSP client to connect to network cameras to receive H.264 frames.
> Our sink is being passed data from (presumably) the FramedSource class in response to data arriving from the camera/RTSP/H.264 video source and being depacketised.

OK, it sounds like your network camera might not be implementing the RTP payload format for H.264 video correctly - i.e., it might not be setting the RTP ‘M’ bit correctly, or perhaps it might be packing multiple NAL units into a single RTP packet in an incorrect way.  Because of this, our H.264/RTP reception code (“H264VideoRTPSource”) may be getting confused, and treating a sequence of incoming NAL units as if it were a single NAL unit.

Unfortunately you’re going to have to track this down yourself - e.g., by getting a packet trace of the offending incoming RTP packets from your camera.  Unfortunately, if your camera is buggy (implementing the H.264 RTP payload format incorrectly) then there’s not much we can do; you’d need to get your camera fixed.