[Live-devel] UDP packets appear to be empty, forcing switch to TCP in VLC

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 8 01:23:00 PDT 2015

> Having ruled out firewall and UDP transmission issues, what else could cause RTP-over-UDP to fail when RTP-over-TCP works fine?

Nothing comes to mind, unfortunately.  Assuming that you haven’t modified the supplied code, I can’t think of any reason (other than firewalls) why RTP-over-TCP would work, but RTP-over-UDP would not.

Let’s see your “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” subclass.  In particular, how have you implemented the “createNewStreamSource()” and “createNewRTPSink()” virtual functions?

> Here is how I am sending the encoded frames which I get from libavcodec to the DeviceSource (in case this rings any alarm bells):

No, this looks OK.  But what does your implementation of “doGetNextFrame()” do?