[Live-devel] RTSPServer with register to remote proxy

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri May 8 05:22:36 PDT 2015

> My requirement is to create RTSPServer which can register to remote proxy server and stream , as well as it can able to stream for local client also (normal behavior) at the same time.
>
> I tried to look into the examples code, but i am not able to discover how to and where to add RTSPServer::registerstream  to achieve this, i have tried couple of times but i failed in that.
>
> Can i get any documentary or any example how i can integrate both in one RTSPServer  instance ?

The only ‘documentation’ for the “RTSPServer::registerStream()” member function is the (copious) comments where this function is defined (in “include/RTSPServer.hh”).  It’s pretty much self-explanatory; you can call this member function anywhere, once you have the “ServerMediaSession” object for the stream that you wish to register.

Alternatively, you can register the stream from outside the RTSP server - e.g., by using the “registerRTSPStream” utility (a command-line application) - which is included as a demonstration application in the “testProgs” directory.

Of course, the remote proxy server will need to have been set up to accept incoming “REGISTER” requests - i.e., by having given it the “-R” option on the command line.