[Live-devel] Library modifications

Hansen Jan Rørgård jan.r.hansen at dk.saabgroup.com
Wed May 13 02:28:46 PDT 2015

>Support for RTP header extensions is probably going to be needed in the future for other applications (e.g., transmitting some WebRTC streams), but I want to >understand where/why people might already be using them for other purposes.

An application for the RTP header extensions is in VoIP Air Traffic Management for radio communication. The EUROCAE standards ED137 part 1: Radio states:
“The Real time Transport Protocol Header Extension will be employed to transport the following signalling information in real time:
a) PTT (Push To Talk)
b) Aircraft Call (A/C call), also nominated Squelch (SQL);
c) Quality index (used for the Best Signal Signalling feature)
d) Time stamping information (used for CLIMAX application)
e) Reserved field for proprietary applications f) Keep alive message
“
Ref: http://startrinity.com/voip/Resources/ED-137_Interoperability_Standards_for_VoIP_ATM_Components_Part_1_Radio.pdf

ED137 part 4: Recording, describes how to record ATM voice communications and metadata using RTSP.

Jan Rørgård Hansen
Senior Engineer
Saab Danmark
Security & Defence Solutions

Direct +45 36383000
jan.r.hansen at dk.saabgroup.com

Saab
Alsion 2
DK – 6400 Sønderborg
www.saabgroup.com<http://www.saabgroup.com/>

[Saab AB]

This e-mail is private and confidential between the sender and the addressee.
In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying or
disseminating it or any information in it. Please notify the above if any misdirection.