[Live-devel] mulitcast slow down network.

Kevin Chen xjchen at email.arizona.edu
Wed May 20 16:58:53 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I basically have two problems on my RTSP server, I implement my RTSP server
based on "testH264Vdieostreamer" example, so it is multicast both audio and
video, one problem we found was that multicast will slow down the whole
local network, especially for the wireless device, we noticed a lot of
package loss, and the wireless device even stop play stream quite often, I
know this maybe the defect of using multicast, it there have any way to
improve this, especially for the wireless device.

The other problem is that the rtsp streaming address is remain the same
even the host machine changed to a different IP, it is work fine at first
when rtsp server was started, then I stopped the rtsp server(
Medium::close( rtspServer ) ), and change host ip to a different one, then
started the RTSPserver again, and the server was still broadcasting the old
ip address, and client cannot receive any data, I compiled the live555 with
enabling "ALLOW_RTSP_SERVER_PORT_RESUSE",
becuase if not do that, TIME-WAIT problem on socket will come out when
restart the rtsp server, it that possible some of resource that was not
released when close the Server, and cause the problem when the server
started again?

Thank you so much.

Kevin