[Live-devel] live555ProxyServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 20 21:25:03 PDT 2015

>     The problem happens when I close the clients (ffplay) and try to play again after some time (about 1 or 2 minutes).

I’m not sure what the problem is here, but I suspect that it may be your client (“ffmpeg”).  “ffmpeg” has a reputation as not having a particularly good RTSP client implementation.

Instead, I suggest that you first test using our “openRTSP” client application <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/ <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/>>

> 2) How is the properly way to end the EVENTLOOP.
>
>     I am using th watchVariable to do that ( env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&watchVariable); ), but sometimes it does not work an I get the following message from linux:
>
>              Failed to create RTSP server: bind() error (port number: 8554): Address already in use
>

>    And after some time the port is released.

This is normal.  The OS waits until the TCP “TIME_WAIT” state has elapsed before it allows you to create another server that uses the same port number.

If you’re absolutely sure that you will never have more than one “RTSPServer" running at the same time (using the same port number), you can eliminate this delay by defining
	ALLOW_RTSP_SERVER_PORT_REUSE
before compiling “RTSPServer.cpp”.