[Live-devel] OSX build

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Sun May 24 16:02:56 PDT 2015

When I build live555 on OSX I have to add a definition for SOCKLEN_T.

#ifdef SOLARIS
#define u_int64_t uint64_t
#define u_int32_t uint32_t
#define u_int16_t uint16_t
#define u_int8_t uint8_t
#endif
#endif

#ifdef __APPLE__                                 << I add these
#define SOCKLEN_T unsigned int        <<     three
#endif                                                     <<      lines

#ifndef SOCKLEN_T
#define SOCKLEN_T int
#endif

I'd like to avoid editing live555, but I end up doing it here so the unix
one does not override me.

Am I missing something? I see QNX, SOLARIS, WINDOWS, UNIX and VXWORKS.

I also know apple is not one to play fair and likes to make breaking
changes on every release, but this one seems consistent.