[Live-devel] RTCP RR reports do not reach to the server using UDP

Muhammad Mohsin Abbasi mmabbasi at kth.se
Wed Nov 4 03:12:40 PST 2015

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the earlier reply.

Can you please examine my following observation and provide your kind feedback on this.

our server is a public server and for this I am using testRTSPClient on my local machine. I observed the RTCP packets on wireshark at both client and server end. What i saw is that when the Receiver reports are sent from the client, the destination IP shown in 'wireshark on client side' is the public IP of the server and the RTCP RR and SR reports work perfectly fine in this case. But when using UDP, the destination IP for RR shown in 'wireshark on client end' is the private IP of the server and the receiver packets are not reaching to the Server in this case. To confirm that this may be the cause, I just hack the client code in udp case and passed the public IP hard coded in MediaSubsession::setDestinations method. Now I can see in Wireshark that the destination IP for the Receiver Reports is the public IP of the server which i hardcoded. and now on the server I am receiving the receiver reports on the server and everything works fine. What is this behavior and how can I fix it?

Best Regards

Mohsin