[Live-devel] Live video and audio streaming using one RTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 4 18:23:17 PST 2015

> What am I doing wrong? I’ve read a lot about it and it seems my presentation times are not ok, but how can I calculate them properly?

Yes, the problem seems to be the presentation times (i.e., the values of the “fPresentationTime” member variable) that you’re setting for both your audio and video streams.

These values need to be properly synchronized, and aligned with ‘wall clock time’ - i.e., with the times that you’d get by calling “gettimeofday()”.

Because - as you say - “the audio and video packets are received via TCP from another service” - you may have difficulty computing accurate, synchronized presentation times for each audio and video frame.  But it’s something that you’ll need to do if you want clients to be able to play back the audio/video streams properly.