[Live-devel] Please help me to understand how I can retrieve the Frame Width, Frame Height and Frame Type (I or P frame).

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Nov 21 19:07:12 PST 2015

> Thank you very much for this project!
> Please help me to understand how I can retrieve the Frame Width, Frame Height and Frame Type (I or P frame).

These parameters (and others) are computed by your decoder - when it decodes the H.264 video stream.

(Note that the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code does not contain any codec (decoder or encoder) code; you need to supply the decoder yourself.)

In particular, for H.264, the frame width etc. parameters come from the SPS and/or PPS NALs.