[Live-devel] How to compile in linux

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Nov 27 15:01:07 PST 2015

(If you haven’t already done so, see <http://live555.com/liveMedia/#config-unix>)

> and generate the make files with the next code:
>

> wget http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/public/live555-latest.tar.gz
> $ tar xvf live555-latest.tar.gz
> $ cd live
> $ ./genMakefiles linux
> $ make

This is OK.

> $ sudo cp -r $HOME/live /usr/lib

Why did you do that?  Instead, just do (inside the “live” directory):
	make install

You probably should also do
	sudo rm -rf /usr/lib/live
to undo what you did before.

>  The answer is how to compile for example the code testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer.cpp, which is the sequence code line to compile and build this program that include all libraries and subdirectories….

After you’ve built the code, the “testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer” demonstration application will be in the “testProgs” directory (inside “live”).

If you also ran “make install”, then this (and other) demonstration applications will have been put in a standard application binary directory - perhaps “/usr/local/bin” or “/usr/bin”.