[Live-devel] How to sync H264 and AAC timestamp from live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 6 05:32:14 PDT 2015

> Now, we use H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer to do live streaming, it is better than before.
> And we sure the timestamp is correct and sync with “wall clock time”.
> But, we still have some questions, need your help.
> 1. Now, H264+AAC is working well.
>     After playing about 3 hours, audio is good but video will not very smooth to play.
>     Do you have any suggestions?

Are you absolutely sure that your “fPresentationTime” values - for both audio and video - remain accurate even after 3 hours?  (In particular, watch out for accumulated truncation errors.)

If you’re sure that your “fPresentationTime”s are accurate, then sorry, I don’t have any other suggestion; perhaps the problem is with your client application?

> 2. We still need to stream JPEG+AAC live streaming.
>     After playing 2 minutes, video will block which is same with H264+AAC issue.
>     There is no DiscreteFramer class for JPEG streaming, do you have any suggestions?

Yes - my suggestion is not to stream JPEG; it’s a bad idea.  See:
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#jpeg-streaming