[Live-devel] Streaming from multiple "live" files

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Oct 10 19:08:14 PDT 2015

> Ah yes, ok i missed that point, we will create .MKV clips instead, this is not an issue. But then how to feed dynamically the new MKV 4 seconds segments into the RTSPstreamer ?

You would need to define and implement your own “FramedSource” subclass that presented the the abstraction of multiple MKV files (read sequentially) as being a single byte stream.

For a model of how to do this, note the code for our existing class “ByteStreamMultiFileSource” (which does this for regular (i.e. non-structured) file sources).

One thing to note, however, is that “.mkv” files are opened differently from regular files; you need to set a ‘callback’ to be called when each open “.mkv” file has initialized.  (For an example of how to do this, see the code for our “testOnDemandRTSPServer” demo application.)