[Live-devel] Minimizing latency

Ran Shalit Ran.Shalit at comm-it.com
Mon Sep 21 05:27:53 PDT 2015

Hi,

It is not a specific live555 issue, but it is relevant because I intend to use live555 stream with the encoder:
We need to have a very low latency glass-to-glass in our streaming.
I intend to use live555 as streamer (sending only) side.
I would like to ask what methods better be used to minimize latency (<150msec).
As far as I know this better be used, I'll be happy to have any feedback on the matter.
The configuration is point-to-point (might be with a switch in between, but not through some cloud)

1.       Not using B frames

2.       High Ethernet bandwidth (we have a limit in our HW of 100Mbits/sec , I hope this is negligible for the matter)

3.       Mpeg-TS with UDP instead of RTP (is there any limit with live555 and UDP packet ?)

4.       Other ?

Thank you for any feedback,
Ran

Ran Shalit, Software, Embedded Division
Office: +972 (77) 3604334 | Mobile: +972 (54) 9988056
Address: Yokneam, Israel
E-mail: Ran.Shalit at Comm-It.Com<mailto:Ran.Shalit at Comm-It.Com>