[Live-devel] Live555ProxyServer on Gateway PC with two NICs

David Liew David.Liew at au.saabgroup.com
Thu Apr 7 21:43:22 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would like to use live555 proxy server to provide a public facing proxy stream for a 'back-end' camera on a private network.
I am using a 'gateway' PC with two network cards:

1.       One is connected to the private network (192.168.1.50/24) and talks to the RTSP camera; and

2.       One that is connected to the external network.

Is it possible to ingest the source stream on one network card (i.e. the NIC 1) and have the proxy RTSP server created on the other network card (i.e. NIC 2)?

There does not appear to be any options to specify network interface in the live555 proxy server.
When I run the program, it appears to automatically start the proxy server on the same NIC that connects to the source RTSP server.

Are there any workarounds for this?
Thanks!

Regards,