[Live-devel] How to update SDPLines info?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Apr 26 00:49:23 PDT 2016

> Run rtsp server based on OnDemandServerMediaSubsession class.
> We found the server will always return the same SDP into back to the rtsp client, even we update the NEW SDP info when call createNewRTPSink.

Yes, this is an optimization that our server code makes - based on the (usually correct) assumption that the properties of the (same-named) stream will not change.

> So, my question is, how to control live555 library update SDP info?

You can do this by - in your “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession” subclass - redefining the virtual function
	virtual char const* sdpLines();
and reimplementing it as follows:
	char const* yourOnDemandServerMediaSubsessionSubclass::sdpLines() {
		delete[] fSDPLines; fSDPLines = NULL;
		return OnDemandServerMediaSubsessionSubclass::sdpLines();
	}