[Live-devel] resending the describe command

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Aug 30 03:24:35 PDT 2016

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I have tried to solve this according to your advice, but no (complete) success yet.
>
> * It works .. almost.
> * I am receiving frames .. then I cut the internet connection and put it on again .. restart tasks are working ok, rtsp negotiation starts and I start getting frames again ..
> * .. however, when the program starts receiving frames again, I get each frame twice !
> * It seems as if I had not closed down the media streams.
> * .. however, I am doing exacly this as you can see from the code below

Sorry, but I generally don’t have the time to read through people’s code (except for paying consulting clients).  However, you should make sure that you *really* are closing the ‘media sink’ objects.

Of course, the simplest way to kill the current stream and start a new one would be to simply exit the entire process (i.e., by calling “exit(0)”), and then starting up a new process.