[Live-devel] Multiple NIC - RTSP URL.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 2 08:25:13 PST 2016

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 4:43 AM, Weber, Patrick <Patrick.Weber at iecinfrared.com> wrote:
>
> My application can have multiple NICs – how do I tell RTSPServer which IP address to use?

By default, the server uses the network interface that’s used for IP multicast routing - i.e., the one that has a route for 224.0.0.0/4.  (The reason for this is that it uses IP multicast to detect its own IP address.)

So, the easiest way to choose a particular network interface is to reconfigure your host so that it uses that network interface for IP multicast routing.  You should be able to do this by running (as root):
	route add 224.0.0.0/4 ip-address-for-that-nic