[Live-devel] Detecting when a RTSP server has gone offline

Robin Imrie robin.imrie at dotorigin.com
Wed Dec 21 03:07:59 PST 2016

I have adapted the testRTSPClient application so I can see the data received from my RSTP server which sends SOAP packets when various events occur (no audio or video data). These data packets are not continuous. However when I unplug it from the network there isn't any notification that the server is now unavailable.

Do I need to periodically send keep alive messages?

Robin Imrie
Senior Software Developer
[cid:image004.png at 01CE44E1.D07D5C50]<http://www.dotorigin.com/>[cid:image002.png at 01D25B7A.7D438380]

Phone  +44 (0) 1428 685861
Email   robin.imrie at dotorigin.com<mailto:robin.imrie at dotorigin.com>

Dot Origin Ltd., Unit 7, Coopers Place Business Park, Combe Lane, Wormley, Godalming, GU8 5SZ, United kingdom

The information in this E-mail and in any attachment is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access, copying, disclosure or use of such information by anyone else is unauthorised.Dot Origin Ltd. is registered in England, registration number 3441848
Registered office: Suite 3pm Midday Court, 20-24 Brighton Road, Sutton, Surrey SM2 5BN, VAT registration number GB 707 571 824