[Live-devel] Starting up

Ben Rush ben at ben-rush.net
Sat Feb 6 21:14:30 PST 2016

I do not think you'll find much in the way of python support for Live555,
if that's what you're asking. Otherwise you can look at other open source
projects such as https://github.com/mhaller/pyffmpeg.

Browsing the newsgroup has been the best documentation I've found, next to
reading the source code itself (download the live555 source and look in the
testProgs folder for sample applications).

I wouldn't say extensive knowledge of C++ is important. If you understand
class inheritance and are fluent enough in C++ to read the code, you should
be fine. The server is built in such a way that you fill in the functions
you need and that's about all.

Otherwise read through the basics on the codes you plan on using (Wikipedia
is your best bet).