[Live-devel] Convert A camera stream without saving it in a file, how to directly take an rtsp stream convert it and send it to a client without big delay of conversion

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 19 06:54:07 PST 2016

> I installed Live555 as discribed in your response but i need a commade ligne wich allow me to convert live streaming from multiple cameras : i have RTSP_Stream and a client who need mpegts stream format.
>
> The need  that we have somthing like this for example  :   OpenRTSP <RTSP_STREM_FROM_CAMERA_SERVER>   Convert_RTSP_STREM_TO_TS <Client_RTP_ADDRESS_:_CLIENT_PORT>
>
> Can i do this with live555 tools?

Yes.  The easiest way to do this is to modify the “testH264VideoToTransportStream.cpp” code to:
1/ Change inputFileName from “in.264” to “stdin”, and
2/ Change outputFileName from “out.ts” to “stdout”.

Then modify the “testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp” code to:
3/ Change inputFileName from “test.ts” to “stdin”, and
4/ Change destinationAddressStr and rtpPortNum from built-in constants to command-line arguments.

Then run, for each camera:
	openRTSP -v camera-rtsp-url | your-modified-testH264VideoToTransportStream | your-modified-testMPEG2TransportStreamer client-rtp-address client-rtp-port &
I.e., for each camera, you run “openRTSP” on it, piping its H.264 video output to (your modified) “testH264VideoToTransportStream”, then piping the Transport Stream output of that to (your modified) “testMPEG2TransportStreamer”.